Friday, May 2, 2008

May 2nd, 2008 A.D.

Being the second of the month, I read Proverbs 2. It is funny how some of this stuff just comes along at just at the right time. Or maybe God aligns my trials and tribulations with what I will be reading the next day. I am unsure just yet... hmmm?

Proverbs 2 is good stuff -

Proverbs 2
1 My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
3 and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
9 Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.
12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse,
13 who leave the straight paths to walk in dark ways,
14 who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
15 whose paths are crooked and who are devious in their ways.

Isaiah 8:11-14
Do not think like everyone else. Do not be afraid that plans made behind closed doors will be the end of you. Do not fear any thing but the LORD Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. He will keep you safe.

That wisdom stuff talked about in Proverbs 2 seems like something that I need. Even if I don't need it, I sure do want some of it. Both of these passages are good for me. They speak to situations I experience and that happen to all of us. The message is "Do not fear the world or what people can do, but wisely do what you are supposed to and fear God". The law of wisdom that God has put in place for us is a great way to avoid opening ourselves up to many of the traps of the world.

=========

A complete change of subject -
I saw Expelled, the documentary by Ben Stein. It was great. Entertaining and well done. I recommend that you take 90 minutes out of your life to go see it. This documentary entertains the idea of stepping out of the box of accepting everything that the mainstream says - just because the mainstream says it. History tells us most of the time the masses are wrong. As you know, the geniuses are the outliers - they are not included in the masses; they are not like everyone else, the masses are average when looking at a bell curve. Who wants to be average? Think on your own. Ask questions; go get answers; when you are dealing with unsettled questions - don't settle with the answer the idiot next to you is satisfied with.
Go see it and let me know what your thoughts~~~~~~~~

rr

No comments: