Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Turning the page

For those of you who do not know yet - I am going to graduate school this fall.
After a few years of working hard and not really falling in love with any particular 'job' I have had... I am chasing after what I really enjoy and have a passion for - nutrition and wellness. I am getting my Masters in Sports Nutrtition. It just feels like it fits. I initially went in to talk to TWU about their graduate program in Nutrition and when I did the advisor mentioned that I should look into Sports Nutrition, So of course I jumped on that. It will open up more opportunities as well. I can now work in the sports arena and that would just be fun.
I start classes on August 25th at no other place than Texas Women's University in Denton, Texas. And yes, they do accept men.
The whole thing is exciting and scary at the same time. Taking the step to follow my dreams is exciting and motivating. The whole stepping in to the unknown element of 'going back to school' brings about the "whatsgonnahappennext" factor. But hey, I guess I have dealt with a few of those this year already...
Today I can say that this is what I am supposed to be doing. There was a little risk with stepping out to do this, but I feel there was more of a risk not taking this chance. I am not getting any younger, right now is a good time to take this chance. Also when I come out the other end I will have a very marketable skill . With awareness on the rise and billions of dollars being spent on "nutrition" each year I feel confidient that I will have many opportunities available. Through the whole decision making process I kept telling myself that if for some reason this doesn't work out or I don't feel like it is my bag, then I can always go back a get a job that I don't like and go work some where only for the money. I am tired of doing that, going to work just for money. I am ready to do something I enjoy. So... here it goes.

And now I live over here in Denton with 4 other guys... I am diving right back in to the whole college experiece. Yeah, gonna have to find a part time job, start studying again... dating college chicks, syllaby, Student ID, full time = 12 hours.
Exciting and scary at the same time.

If any body knows of a great place to work around Denton let me know. Otherwise I will be selling my platelettes. And I hate needles!

No comments: